20 April 2008


Did you catch that one particular episode of X-Files where Mulder met this genie and subsequently she granted him his 3 wishes, each in its own warped kinda way. One wish of which Mulder wished for a world where there is no war, only everlasting peace, and she granted him that wish, only Mulder to find himself living in the world alone, everlasting peace indeed.

Just to relate to that, I think I have a morbid way of getting my wishes too. Sometimes I believe my brain pulled a prank on me, showing that it too has a sense of humor. My brain probably thinks that I need to light up, thus it 'helped' me to get my wishes, albeit in weird ways.

Anyway, who am I to question my brain reacting subconsciously to answer my own wishes right. Hmm, just like what MIV like to quote from that book of his, ""when you really want something to happen, the whole universe conspires so that your wish comes true". However, in my case, it is not the universe, it is just my subconscious 'giving' me what my heart desires.

Let me illustrated, as there were a few incidents that smelt a tad too fishy.

1. June 2005 - My cousin's car has dual airbags both for the driver and the passenger. I was very, very curious on how airbag would function. I think I asked around how it would work and I could not stop thinking about it; you know the mechanics of the how and the when.

Fascinatingly yet inopportunely I got a live demonstration when about 2 weeks from the day I started to nose around I was involved in an accident. I was not going that fast, may be around 60km/hr on Jalan Loke Yew (at that time that road kan jam memanjang), but I was distracted and I didn't get a chance to react properly when the car in front of me stopped suddenly.

Wallawei, first hand experience on how the air bag would be activated at the moment of impact. Cool. Though it was too fast for the brain to actually record a blow-by-blow account of it. All I remember were the slight chest pain from the impact of the airbag hitting my chest and slight burn from the jarring impact of the seat belt. My cousin's slightly over a year old car was out of service for a few months just so my brain can satisfy my thirst (wish) for knowledge. But nevertheless, I live to tell the tale.

to be continued in the next posting..

0 whisper(s):